Computer Security Fundamentals (3rd Edition) – eBook PDF
1-volume introduction to computer security – Easttom’s Computer Security Fundamentals, 3rd Edition (PDF) is one of the best for the subject.
- Covers today’s latest attacks and countermeasures
- Clearly explains core concepts, challenges, terminology, technologies, and skills
- The perfect beginner’s guide for anyone interested in a good computer security career
- Chuck Easttom brings together complete coverage of all basic concepts, issues, and terminology along with all the skills you need to get started.
Drawing on the more than twenty years of experience as a security instructor, researcher, and consultant Easttom helps you take a proactive, realistic approach to assess threats and implementing countermeasures. Writing clearly and simply, he addresses crucial issues that many introductory security ebooks ignore, while addressing the realities of a world where billions of new devices are Internet-connected.
This guide covers web attacks, hacking, network defense, security appliances, spyware, password use, VPNs, and much more. Its many tips and examples reflect new industry trends and the state-of-the-art in both defense and attacks. Projects, exercises, and review questions in every chapter help you deepen your understanding and apply all you’ve learned.
Whether you’re a a professional, college student, or a manager, this guide will help you protect your assets — and expand your career options.
Learn how to:
- Scan your network for vulnerabilities
- Evaluate potential security consultants
- Resist modern social engineering attacks
- Use basic networking knowledge to improve security
- Identify and prioritize potential threats to your network
- Prevent problems arising from malfeasance or ignorance
- Implement a proven layered approach to network security
- Choose the best encryption methods for your organization
- Halt spyware, worms, viruses, Trojans, and other malwares
- Implement security policies that will work in your environment
- Get inside the minds of hackers, so you can deter their attacks
- Learn how cyberterrorism and information warfare are now evolving
- Defend against today’s most common Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
- Compare security technologies, including the latest security appliances
- Master basic computer forensics and know what to do if you’re attacked